Saturday, September 17, 2005

7 Things

I've been tagged by Selina! Hey thanks. And thanks for the salsa recipe too.

7 things that used to scare me:


  1. the dark
  2. all sorts of monsters and creepy creatures--from vampires to werewolves to ghosts to the botelyayo old ladies who walked around Baguio shouting "Botelyayo!" or something like that (they actually just wanted used old bottles, but my Aunt Candy would always tell me that they were there to get me if I didn't behave)
  3. pain
  4. my grandmother on my dad's side
  5. failure
  6. humiliation; looking stupid
  7. loneliness

7 things that scare me now: These days, things don't really 'scare' me, since I know where I'm going, and God is my posse. But these are still things I don't look forward to:

  1. failure
  2. looking stupid
  3. pain
  4. losing loved ones (even losing my dog makes me grieve!)
  5. not being a good wife or mother
  6. not fulfilling my purpose
  7. not knowing my purpose
7 things i like the most:

  1. books
  2. fountain pens. nice ballpens and pencils. and notebooks and lovely paper. and stationery
  3. dogs and most furry creatures (with the exception of most rodents)
  4. food
  5. the beach and all that go with it--the sun, sand, sea, shakes and me as the ultimate bikini goddess
  6. great conversation, laughter
  7. music that matches my mood (can live without TV, but go nuts without the radio or CD player)

7 random facts about me

  1. I'm practically blind without my glasses, and I'm allergic to contact lenses
  2. I hate cigarette smoke. Detest. Abhor. Enough exposure will bring on an asthma attack.
  3. I had numerous puppies named "Cutie" when I was a kid--and they all died.
  4. I prefer what my dad calls "white people food" most of the time (pasta, bread and steaks!)
  5. I'm a crybaby. I cry when I'm happy, sad, lonely, mad, good, bad...
  6. I have to read. I read anything--books, magazines, can labels, signs, etc.
  7. I like to walk. Might be the Baguio girl in me. When I got to Manila, couldn't understand why people would ride a jeep or trike when they just had to go a couple of blocks down.

7 important things in my bedroom: Hmm. This is a hard one. I don't really keep much in the bedroom. Unless you count The Hubby as a thing.

  1. jewelry. What little I have anyway.
  2. more books.
  3. clothes I guess. But I desperately want to revamp my wardrobe.
  4. shoes. But I have only two serviceable pairs. I miss my Imeldific days! ;p
  5. toothbrush--in the master's bath that's in the bedroom. Can't stress how important this is!
  6. extension cord. The only portable, decent-looking one in the house.
  7. can't think of anything else!

7 things i plan to do before i die:

  1. go on a mission trip
  2. raise godly kids who will make a positive difference in this world
  3. get a master's degree in Creative Writing
  4. go to Europe with The Hubby. and South America, Asia, Australia...
  5. publish a book. At least one
  6. get a scuba diving license
  7. get a driver's license

7 things i can do:

  1. write
  2. cook
  3. make soap, lotion, cologne
  4. cross stitch and knit
  5. convert Celcius to Fahrenheit and vice versa
  6. swim
  7. wrap gifts

7 things i can't do

  1. sing or do anything musical beyond turn on the radio and change the CD
  2. dance gracefully
  3. drive
  4. enjoy math problems
  5. sit still for long
  6. make a website from scratch. use graphics applications like Photoshop; layout applications like Freehand. Not yet anyway
  7. skillfully argue without losing control of my emotions. or bursting into tears. that's why I never went into law.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex

  1. nice, clean smell. I particularly like the smell of soap, and light, sporty, water-y colognes
  2. eyes that can make you feel that you're the only girl in the world
  3. witty conversation
  4. sense of humor
  5. intellect
  6. some special skill--cooking, playing an instrument, singing, dancing, whatever
  7. integrity


7 things i say the most

  1. ayayay
  2. sus
  3. duh
  4. haay
  5. what you think?
  6. why...[fill in the blank]?
  7. what's to eat?

i'm tagging angel, nica, regina, anna k, stef.

4 comments:

I Am Queen said...

i was gonna ask you what it means to TAG. i researched. now i know! wait for mine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ree! I am Malou. I stumbled upon your blog from the W@W archives.

I just wanted to say that you're pretty funny and very good at writing your stories! I like what I have read so far and, from now on, will certainly drop by more often.

So, keep the words flowing! :)

I Am Queen said...

uh oh. still didnt figure out how to TAG. how how how??? the easy way?

I Am Queen said...

reeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! much as i want to complete the 7 Things,... the more i list, the more i reflect, but then the more i value my privacy... so i'm getting hesitant to post that list on my blog as of now. but i have completed the list. i'm actually delighted that my identity is coming full circle. just that with my all too public professional life, i hold on to the private self that wants peace and quiet. i can email to you privately!