Thinking of something new to do this season of luuuuuv? Why not spread the love? Adopt a pet!
Lots of cats and dogs are waiting for people to love them and take them home. This is much cheaper than buying a pet from the petshop, and the dogs and cats you adopt will love you undyingly for it.
I'm reposting the adoption guidelines:
"The steps in adopting from PAWS are generally as follows:
1. Print out and fill up the adoption application form found in this:
2. Schedule an adoption consultation (to coincide with your visit to the shelter to meet the dogs / puppies / cats / kittens available for adoption) by calling 475-1688, open from Mondays through Saturdays from 10am to 5pm. Closed on holidays.The PAWS shelter is located at Aurora Blvd, Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, Quezon City (at the back of the Ateneo de Manila University). Detailed directions can be found here: http://parc.mefindhome.org/If the results of your adoption consultation indicate that adopting from the shelter is a good fit for you, we move on to steps 3 to 6 below:
3. "Meet-the-dog / cat" session ( we allow a few minutes for prospective adoptive parent and animal to check each other out & see if they are compatible). Our adoption counselors will help you find a dog / cat that best fits your personality, lifestyle, and level of pet ownership experience.
4. Payment of adoption fee. Depending on the choice of animal (some dogs or cats may still be undergoing treatment or are scheduled for shots, spay/neuter surgery, etc.), you can take home your new companion on your first, second, or third visit. Note: Adoption fee of P1000 per dog and P300 per cat is not really an "adoption fee" per se but to help us keep the rehabilitation and adoption program going. =)Please note that all animals adopted from PAWS are:1. spayed / neutered2. have rabies shots, and 5-in-1 shots (for dogs) or 3-in-1 shots (for cats)3. have been dewormed & groomed4. dogs have received monthly heartworm preventives and flea & tick preventives
5. come with a free adoption kit (free sample pet food)
6. may avail of free basic obedience training from our shelter manager (by appointment)7. may avail of free consultation and discounts on services from PAWS clinic (note: by appointment).8. excited to go to new homes and begin their second chance at a good life!"